“With an increasing number of older American’s and their families being touched by Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia today, many adult children are looking for solutions in the form of information, resources and memory care services,” says Amanda King, Executive Director at Clarity Pointe™ Jacksonville, the beautiful new Memory Care Assisted Living community in Jacksonville, FL.
“While local support groups, community services and Alzheimer’s Association information can be helpful in the early stages of memory loss, the progressive nature of the disease means that a loved one will eventually need more support than one can safely provide in the home. Fortunately, memory care services have grown in number and quality in recent years and they offer many benefits and advantages to both loved ones and their caregivers who are often overburdened, over stressed and challenged to maintain their own physical and emotional health.”
Understanding the Differences in Memory Care Services Today
Today, memory care services come in a variety of forms and can also differ in the quality of care they provide. Oftentimes, a basic assisting living community will accept individuals with memory loss and some have added separate “memory care wings” to their facilities.
However, experts in memory care advise that the needs of memory loss patients are quite unique and differ significantly from those of the typical assisted living resident who usually requires help as the result of a physical condition.
Says Amanda, “Today, highly specialized memory care communities, such as the beautiful new Clarity Pointe Jacksonville, are being created for the sole purpose of serving the needs of loved ones living with memory loss. They offer a variety of advantages over the multi-purpose communities, including evidence-based facilities designed for safety, comfort and socialization; the latest in life-enriching programs and therapies; and care staff who are specifically trained in memory care.”
Important Benefits of a Specialized Memory Care Community
“A single-purpose memory care community, like Clarity Ponte Jacksonville offers several important features that mean better care for your loved one and greater peace of mind for their families,” adds Amanda. Examples include:
- Purpose-Built Design and Layout – Unlike a memory care floor in an assisted living community or a secure wing in a skilled nursing center, Clarity Pointe is designed, built and decorated specifically for those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. From the open floor plans and décor to the lighting and paint colors, all elements of our Memory Care neighborhoods work in concert to provide a calm and orderly, yet engaged and enriched, life for those living with memory loss.
- A Safe, Secure Living Environment – Additionally, with clear sight lines and constant supervision, your loved one is always in the expert hands of staff members who are familiar with the challenging behaviors of Alzheimer’s disease, such as wandering and falling.
- The Latest in Personalized Memory Care Programs and Therapies – At Clarity Pointe, our programming is more than a calendar of activities – it encompasses care and hope. Using an approach based on the Heartfelt CONNECTIONS™ Memory Care program, our team incorporates industry-leading LifeBio™ reminiscence tools that enable us to learn each resident’s life story and then utilize their history to personalize their routines and social engagement activities.
For example, if your father always had his hair trimmed on the first of the month, we’ll maintain that schedule. Such simple yet thoughtful care and programming can make everyday life more engaging, fulfilling and meaningful to your loved one.
- Delicious and Nutritious Dining – Dining is a social event at Clarity Pointe. All meals are served family-style in the neighborhood dining area, creating a real feel of home. Our direct care staff not only serves the meals, they also sit and dine with the residents. Mealtimes are ideal opportunities for our residents and staff to gather together, enjoy one another’s company and feel the warmth of friendship. If necessary, the care staff also provide cueing for successful dining.
Understanding that residents’ needs will change as their memory loss progresses, we offer very specialized dining programs
- A Specially Trained Memory Care Team – Focused on quality, compassion and outcomes, our memory care-trained direct care team has a proven record of enhancing the lives of our residents and their families.
- A Focus on Family– We welcome and encourage our residents’ families to be involved. With our Heartfelt CONNECTIONS™ approach, we believe you are a vital part of the development and implementation of your loved one’s individualized care plans. You know your loved one better than anyone – their likes, preferences and dislikes and we consider your input invaluable.
Discover the Differences in Memory Care at Clarity Pointe™ Jacksonville
When your loved one’s needs become more than you can provide for at home, we invite you to discover the Clarity Pointe Jacksonville difference.
Our beautiful new community has been designed entirely with the purpose of providing those with memory loss a peaceful, easy-to-navigate, secure and supportive environment. The design of our community is not only aesthetically appealing, but also perfectly aligned with our goals of providing the best care alongside a lifestyle of possibilities.
Each of our three neighborhoods features a kitchen, dining room, living room, activity areas and access to the stunning outdoor park, offering abundant seating, water features, raised gardening beds, exercise areas, putting greens and water fountains.
And in addition to providing exceptional memory care and an enriching lifestyle, our beautiful new memory care community offers many educational and support programs to assist at-home caregivers in coping with their daily memory care responsibilities. We invite you to check our monthly events calendar and read our frequent articles and tips on important memory care and caregiving topics.
Clarity Pointe … Our Difference is Clear
Clarity Pointe’s Specialized Memory Care “Living” Neighborhoods are truly changing lives for those with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias – and for those who love them. At Clarity Pointe, our mission is to ensure our residents lead connected and rewarding lives.
Unlike other providers that offer a secure memory care wing in a skilled nursing or assisted living center, Clarity Pointe Jacksonville offers three freestanding, purpose-built Memory Care communities that are solely and entirely dedicated to Memory Care Assisted Living. Our communities blend luxurious surroundings with specialized care that is individualized to each resident and delivered by a compassionate, expert team of professionals.
At Clarity Pointe Jacksonville, we stay current on the latest trends and advancements in Alzheimer’s care and implement them into our residents’ care plans. Always moving forward, we combine the latest in evidence-based programming with luxurious, residential living and compassionate respectful care.
For each of our residents, we offer a life that is engaging, fulfilling, inspiring and meaningful.